Wish |Wishes + Past Simple
Упражнение 1. Перепиши, раскрывая скобки и употребляя требующуюся форму сослагательного наклонения после «I wish».
1. The weather was awful. I wish it __________ (to be) better.
2. I wish I __________ (to know) Sue’s telephone number.
3. I wish it__________ (not to rain) so much in England last week.
4. Do you wish you __________ (to study) science instead of languages last year?
5. I feel sick. I wish I __________ (not to eat) so much.
6. It’s crowded here. I wish there __________ (not to be) so many people.
7. I wish I __________ (to be) taller.
8. I wish you __________ (stop) shouting. I am not deaf you know.
9. I wish he__________ (to borrow) that book from the library last week.
10. I wish you__________ (to give) him my phone number at that party.
11. I wish it __________ (to stop) raining.
12. I wish I ________ (can speak) several languages.
Упражнение 2. Перепиши, раскрывая скобки и употребляя требующуюся форму сослагательного наклонения после « wish».
1. I wish I ______ (be) the manager of this company. 2. Peter wishes he ______ (not buy) that car.It breaks down so often and causes him trouble. 3. Asley's mother wishes she ______ (do) well in the final exams next week. 4. Larry wishes he ______ (be) on a spa holiday relaxing rather than working in the office now. 5. Mary feels homesick.She wishes she ______ (be) in her home with her parents now. 6. I wish you ______ (bring) me a glass of water.I am very thirsty. 7. Karen wishes her father ______ (not go) to Russia on business.She misses him. 8. It was a very hot and sunny.I wish I ______ (take) my sunglasses and sunlotion with me. 9. You look overweight.I wish you ______ (attend) a gym this summer. 10. My father wishes he ______ (not forget) to take the camera with him.The view was wonderful. 11. Joseph wishes he ______ (not cheat) in the exam.The teacher was very angry with him. 12. I wish I ______ (not speak) so loudly.My baby brother woke up. 13. Michael wishes his father ______ (give) him £100 for the school trip next month. 14. Mr.Parker wishes there ______ (not be) mosquitoes around.They bite him badly. 15. I wish people ______ (not cut) the trees any more. 16. My mother wishes I ______ (take) her to the hospital for her operation this weekend. 17. Timothy wishes she ______ (not eat) too many strawberries.She has got a terrible stomachache. 18. Pam wishes she ______ (have) an mp3 player. She could listen to music now. 19. I wish I ______ (know) more about cooking.I have to prepare something special for my guests. 20. We wish we ______ (win) the match next Sunday. We will be this year's champion then. 21. The students wish they ______ (study) more. They all got bad marks from the maths exam.